I'm coming clean. I'm letting everyone know that I'm a bug addict...

The other day I added a new, rather complex feature to our Filegroove product. I did the normal planning and then analyzed the pros and cons of a few different design implementations.

I then went ahead and implemented the chosen design and ...
... it was a bit of an anticlimax when it basically worked as designed, first go 🙂

Normally I have the excitement of hunting down some tricky bug that needs super detective skills because of some incorrect assumption I had made or due to some oversight but no ... the damn thing just worked!

My reaction made me ponder:

I think I've become addicted to the dopamine hit I get when I solve a tricky bug. I miss that when everything just works - need to get my dopamine hit from somewhere else - maybe some FB pings? LoL!

Here's my official admission:
I'm a bug addict. I've been using bugs for many year now.

I tried to get off the bugs but its just too hard.

After a few days without bugs I can't sleep at night and go looking for a fix - boom tish!!!!!!


Maybe that's why I called myself the OO Junky? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Java package name structure and organization - best practice and conventions

Classic software engineering mistakes: To Greenfield or Refactor Legacy code?

How to reset MySQL 8 root password on CentOS 7 and 8